Can I join the STARS Study?
Up to 250 people in study sites across the United States, Europe, Asia and Australia are expected to take part in the STARS Study. You and your study partner may be able to take part if you:
- Are 12 years of age or older
- Have focal or generalised epilepsy, or a combination of the two
- Have experienced 2 prolonged seizures within the past 3 months
- Prolonged seizures last more than 3 minutes.
- Have an adult who can act as a study partner to assist you throughout the study
There are other criteria that you will need to meet to qualify, which the study staff will discuss with you and your study partner.
What happens next?
If you meet these criteria and are interested in taking part, find your nearest study site. Contact the study staff to find out whether you can take part. If suitable, you and your study partner will be invited to the study site for further tests and assessments.
Regular health check-ups may help to uncover undiagnosed medical conditions.
Interested?Find your nearest study site